NRCS Soil Survey soil scientist positions open 1/17/2020 to 1/27/2020
Waynesville, NC; Ontario, OR; Hammonton, NJ; Vale, OR:
Idaho Falls, ID; Olympia, WA; Salina, KS; Powell, WY:
Contact: Eva Muller, Soil Survey Regional Director for Regions 1 and 4, 406-587-6866, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coos Bay Onsite Wastewater Specialist (Natural Resource Specialist 3)
This announcement, REQ-25125, will close on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM. Details on this recruitment and instructions for applying may be found by following these steps:
- Log-in to your Workday account: https://wd5.myworkday.com/oregon
- Click on the Career button.
- Click on Internal – Find Jobs.
- Filter by DEQ.
Applying as an Internal Applicant:
- Please click here to view a step by step guide on how to update your Career Profile and apply to jobs as an internal applicant.
- As an internal applicant, you will need to go into Workday, click on the cloud icon at the top right of your screen, and click to view your profile. You will then want to click on “Career” on the left side of your screen, and make sure that the “Education” and “Job History” tabs are accurate. If you completed the Pay Equity Survey, some of your information will already be in here, however, for many, your current job is not listed (so make sure to add this). You can ignore the “Work Experience” tab. **You will want to make sure this is updated prior to applying for any jobs.**
- Since this is a new system, we recommend that you don’t wait until the last minute when applying, so that if you have questions, you can reach out to HR and we can answer them prior to the closing date/time.
- Internal applicants must apply via this link: https://wd5.myworkday.com/oregon **this is different than the link for external applicants**
- If you would like to refer external applicants to this posting, they should go to https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Coos-Bay—DEQ/Onsite-Wastewater-Specialist–Natural-Resource-Specialist-3-_REQ-25125. If you are an internal applicant, you can view the posting via the external applicant link, however, you must apply via your internal Workday account, which can be accessed via this link: https://wd5.myworkday.com/oregon
Please contact Dave Belyea at (541) 687-7340 or BELYEA.David@deq.state.or.us with questions regarding this position.
NRCS Rangeland Management Specialist (Direct Hire), GS-0457-5/9 – 1 vacancy in Oregon
Closing date: July 15, 2020
Volunteer Opportunity at Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR
Soils folks at Oregon State University are attempting to revitalize the Soil Club and Soil Judging Team. Meetings will be held at 4:30pm on Wednesdays. If you are interested in volunteering for these efforts, please contact James Cassidy: email@example.com
Resources for Federal Careers
- Information on Natural Resource Specialists positions at the Department of Interior: https://www.doi.gov/careers/careers/natural-resource-specialist
- Soil Scientist (0470 series) qualifications for all federal positions