- Position Title: Soil Scientist/Watershed Planner
- Application Deadline: October 27, 2023
- Application PDF
- Agency: Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
- Location: Warm Springs, OR
- Salary Range: $41,779.00 – $66,010.00 D.O.E.
- Job Description:
- Develop and maintain soil research data. Recommend programs for soil management.
- Gather data, analyze, evaluate, and prepare soil science reports.
- Review project proposals to protect soil resources.
- Provide technical assistance to other agencies.
- Complete environmental assessments and planning activities to include watershed assessments, watershed plans, and wetland program plans.
- Develop watershed assessments and sub-watershed restoration plans in a manner that is consistent with the Integrated Resource Management Plan, funding requirements, and Tribal priorities for restoration and water quality improvements.
- Support program development through grant acquisition.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelors of Science degree in Natural Resources/Environmental Science or a related field to soil science, hydrology, wetland, watershed studies, or fisheries. Requires some technical courses in soil science, hydrology/watershed management and wetlands. Two years of related experience is required beyond education requirements or additional completion of a Masters degree in a related field. Must possess or ability to possess a valid Oregon driver’s license. Will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening, driving and tribal background check.
Stay tuned for more student opportunities!
Looking for scholarship information? Check it out here!
Resources for Federal Careers
- Information on Natural Resource Specialists positions at the Department of Interior: https://www.doi.gov/careers/careers/natural-resource-specialist
- Soil Scientist (0470 series) qualifications for all federal positions