OSSS Winter Meeting: Friday, February 28th through Sunday, March 1st at the beautiful Silver Falls Conference Center in Sublimity!
If You Don’t See It It Isn’t There: A Local/Forest Soils Perspective featuring the geology, indigenous, and recreational history of the area
- Friday February 28th– evening, check into lodge after 3pm
- Public talk at Silver Fall Brewery (about 20 min. drive); Happy hour is 2-5pm
- Saturday February 29th– all day meeting with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- guest speakers on the geology, indigenous, and recreational history of the area
- poster session
- networking breakout with hiking and yoga options
- member lightning talks
- member meeting
- movie night: Leaning Into The Wind by Thomas Riedelsheimer
- Sunday March 1st– breakfast and field trip with boxed lunch
There are ten falls in the park, including six that are over 100 feet tall. Several of the falls have amphitheaters behind them that allow the hiker to walk behind the falls. The park also has a large conference center, horse corrals, and four miles of bicycle trails.
20022 Silver Falls HWY SE Sublimity, Oregon 97385